Monday, January 31, 2011

Baby showers, root canals and head colds...oh my!

January has been quite an eventful month for us!  It is hard to believe it is February tomorrow, which is the last full month we'll have before the baby's arrival!  In February, we can start saying she is due "next month"! :)

My computer crashed this month, so I've been without access to as much internet and computer time as I'm used to.  Mario has a computer that I borrow, but he needs it to study and I'm working on being more productive with my time anyway!  We did order a new computer, but it arrived and we turned it on...only to receive an error message.  We promptly returned it, and I'm back to life without a computer for a little bit. 

Earlier this month, I had a horrific week where I ended up needing 2 root canals in 2 days, all the while fighting a head cold.  (Which has made a reappearance this week.)  It was an interesting experience, going to the dentist while pregnant and only using novacaine, the way most people experience the dentist.  My dental anxiety was definitely in full swing, but in the end I was happy to go so I wasn't in pain anymore! 

We had two wonderful baby showers this month.  One shower was a long distance shower from my family, and the other was a local shower with local family and friends.  They were both wonderful, and we have lots of great memories from the special events!  Highlights included Mario doing "wheelies" with our new stroller, him trying on the nursing cover, the men making diapers out of toilet paper, and receiving a very special plate/cup family heirloom set that was used by the generation before us.  We feel very blessed to be surrounded by family and friends who have shown so much love and excitement throughout this whole pregnancy, as well as now that the baby's arrival gets closer and closer! 

The end of this week marks the end of my 1st semester at school this year.  It is hard to believe that the school year is halfway over!  My class is still large (26) but we are having a blast studying rocks and volcanoes, as well as the (not so interesting to them, but necessary) concepts such as subtraction with regrouping and reading comprehension.  Mario's new (temporary) job is going well, and he has been studying a lot for his next test, which is in less than 4 weeks.  We haven't been watching a lot of football, although we will be watching the Super Bowl.  As I told Mario earlier this week, "I can't believe I'll be cheering for the Packers in the Super Bowl!  My Minnesota blood almost doesn't allow it."  :) 

Happy (almost) February everyone!  Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment