First let me say that, of course, as I planned on talking about how gorgeous and sunny it is today, the sun went away. It is still nice enough that we've got some windows open and can go outside with just sweatshirts on, and the best part is that it isn't raining! About 2 weeks ago we got 4-6 inches of snow (see pictures below) which I loved! However, it started raining soon after and very quickly melted all the snow, and has been raining on and off (more on than off) ever since, until today.
A couple weeks ago I had to take several days off work and stay home on relaxed bedrest. We had an ultrasound that showed baby was measuring a bit small and that her fluid level was low, so I had to stay home and do nothing but drink fluid and relax. When we had our follow up ultrasound, her fluid level had greatly increased and she is measuring "long and lean", as we hear repeatedly from the doctor's office. Her weight at the time was estimated to be 6 lbs 4 oz, with her tummy measuring in the 37th percentile and her arms and legs (length wise) in the 97th percentile. We think she'll end up being taller than me some day, but we'll have to see!
I went back to work this past week and have to say, I work with some wonderful friends and colleagues. They have been more than helpful in watching my class while I take breaks, covering my bus duty, walking my class to lunch and back, and just being there in general if I need something. In the beginning I felt bad that I wasn't doing those things on my own, but I have to admit it is nice to have those extra couple minutes to relax and put my feet up before the kids return from lunch or specials! And I suppose, with less than 2 weeks until baby girl's due date, I can let people start to take care of things for me. My energy level is definitely starting to slow down, and luckily we've had some pretty easy nights at home so I can rest up and be ready for my next day of work.
We have everything completely ready for the baby, with the exception of her bassinet. Her room is completely put together, clothes washed and put away, furniture assembled, curtains up, and even her car seat has been installed. Her bassinet itself is ready to go, but right now we are storing it in her room until she arrives, at which point we'll just wheel it into our room. It is nice to relax and know everything is ready, for whenever she may decide to arrive! We've even got the house put back in order after our construction (for the water leak) was finished. I'm not feeling the need to get down on my hands and knees and scrub the floors though, so luckily Mario has finished his test and is wonderful about doing things around the house. :)
Here are some pictures of me and the baby's nursery, which is completed. We can't believe that in just a couple weeks, there will be an actual baby here using all of these things! (And I'm sure you all can't wait as well, both for her arrival and to hear her name, after months and months of not knowing.) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment