Miriam's speech has really skyrocketed the last couple months, and it is hilarious to have conversations with her now. Here is a sample of some conversations we've had recently:
Me: Miriam, when is the baby coming?
Miri: Aw-to-buh (October)
Me: That's right! The baby is coming in October. When the baby comes, the baby will be sleeping with Mommy and Daddy for a while.
Miri: Baby own. (Meaning she wants the baby...)
Me: Well, the baby is going to be all of ours; we are going to share the baby.
Miri: Baby own Mee-wee-um (how she says her name).
Me: The baby is going to sleep with Mommy and Daddy, but you can share the baby too.
Miri: No, baby own bed wif Mee-wee-um. (pointing emphatically to herself...)
Another one, after she'd been bug-hunting in the yard at Mario's cousin's house...this convo took place the next day when we were in the yard.
Miri: Where bugs? (she's looking around the yard)
Me: I don't know if there are any bugs here sweetie, this isn't Tony's yard.
Miri: Bugs at house - dey napping.
Me: Well sweetie, I don't think the bugs are napping.
Miri: Whey dey? (Where are they?) I no no, I no no! (I don't know, I don't know!) She keeps looking...
Me: I don't know where they are sweetie.
Miri: I wooking - dey napping maybe.
She also counts to 10 pretty well now - the other day she counted all by herself from 1 to 10 with no mistakes! It sounds like this:
"one, two, fee, fow, fie, six, seben, eight, nine, ten!"
Hearing toddler speech is so adorable. She's getting better at saying most of her sounds and she knows a ton of words, even ones we don't know she knows...she can identify a lot of animals, all her colors, and she just is talking and babbling all the time...it is so fun to hear. She says her name (Miriam Ruth) as Mee-wee-um Woo-fee (since I call her Miriam Ruthie a lot).
No new pictures, but just picture the conversations above in Miriam's cute little voice, and you'll get a smile on your face! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment