Some examples:
Tonight we were getting ready for bed, and I told her "Ok, take Teddy into your room and we'll be right there." And she turned to me, put one finger up in the air, and said "Actually, we need to brush my teeth first."
A couple nights ago (again getting ready for bed), she asked us "Do you know where S-U-N-N-Y is?" (In preschool, she's been learning to spell "sunny" and "rainy" as they've been studying types of weather.) We often spell Teddy when we don't want to draw her attention to us talking about him. Apparently she's picked up on that, so although she doesn't know how to spell Teddy, she used what she did know to talk about her teddy in the way we do. So perceptive!
Whenever someone or something gets hurt, she says she "takes lots and lots of care of them." The other day, she was telling me about her day at preschool and she told me one of her friends fell down and got hurt. "And I took lots and lots of care of her Mama." I told her she was a very nice girl, and she responded "Yes Mama, I'm a good friend to her."
We've had a couple of days lately with sunny/warm weather, and the other kids in our cul-de-sac have been playing outside. Every time she hears them playing outside, she runs to the window and says in a loud, excited voice "I think some people are outside. I want to go play outside with them!"
In other news, I went back to work this week. My classroom was left in kind of a disaster, so I've been trying to teach all week in addition to catching up, finding missing items, and getting the kids used to my expectations of structure and organization. It was a busy week, but I left my room today feeling like I am ready for the week after spring break. I'm looking forward to next week (spring break) home with the kids.
Here are a couple recent pictures of the kids:
| Miriam borrowed a pair of my socks (and wore them!) and is showing them off |
| Mathias jumped himself to sleep, cute little guy... |
No comments:
Post a Comment