Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Mathias is walking (plus a month of photos)

It has been a while since I've posted, and a lot has happened in the last month.  I flew to Germany for 10 days to spend time with my parents, and Mathias started walking!  We decorated for Christmas early (before I left for Germany at the end of November) and it has become a full time job to keep Mathias away from the Christmas tree and wrapped presents.  He started taking a few steps right after his first birthday, spent about a week taking anywhere between 2-4 steps at a time, and now is cruising all over the place.  (That hasn't stopped him from climbing though...yesterday I was trying to help Miriam find a book at the library, and he walked over to a kids' table, climbed up onto it, and was trying to stand up on it...and it took him about 5 seconds.)

We leave for Germany again in 1.5 weeks and we are squeezing in as many Christmas activities as we can here before leave, before enjoying more Christmas activities in Germany.  We've decorated cookies, wrapped presents, baked Christmas treats, and gone driving around to look at lights.  Miriam is loving the Christmas season and has been very good about helping wrap presents.  We've also been focusing on being generous and loving to others, and Miriam has been great about brainstorming ways to be kind to others.  She's a generous, loving, little girl.

Here are some miscellaneous pictures from the last month:




































No comments:

Post a Comment