This post is several days late. Miriam turned 10 months old last Wednesday, but she's been fighting a chest cold (she's finally getting better!) and I haven't had time to post an update.
The latest, biggest news is that Miriam is mobile! She crawls all over the place and pulls herself up on everything. She walks around the living room holding onto all of the furniture. She's still quite unsure about trying to stand on her own, but is very steady on her feet when she is holding onto something. We've started to call her "babyzilla" at times...one of her new favorite activities is to pull any and everything off of a shelf or out of a basket. She especially loves magazines, and likes to tear them up. (Luckily, she hasn't decided she likes to tear up books, so those are safe for now!)
She's still only got two teeth on the bottom, but we think she'll be getting a couple more teeth in the next couple weeks. We can see some white bulges on her top gums, which we suspect are teeth that will break through soon.
Over the holidays, we've tried starting Miriam on more "solid" foods. However, aside from her "puffs" (which dissolve in her mouth), she doesn't want much to do with solid food beyond purees. I'm sure it is something about the texture; whatever we give her, she'll chomp on it once or twice before spitting it out. She is still loving her purees though and has expanded to eat yogurt and peaches.
Miriam is still mostly bald. She's slowly getting more hair, and if I wanted, I could make one tiny pigtail right on the top of her head. (She probably wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get a rubber band in her hair though!)
One of Miriam's favorite activities still continues to be "peek-a-boo", when we pop out from around a corner and surprise her. She also loves to play "chase", when one of us holds her over our shoulder and the other one "chases" her around the house. She pumps her legs up and down furiously (one way she shows excitement) and shrieks with laughter. It is adorable!
I don't have any 10 months pictures yet. As I mentioned, Miriam has been sick, and therefore spent the last 72 hours in PJs. We are hoping to take some pictures on this long weekend, so I'll post some early next week. And speaking of early next week....we are predicted to get SNOW!!! :) I'm so excited, and it would be great if we get some on the ground so we could put Miriam in her snowsuit and take some pictures outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment