Over the last 4 days, we've had a lot of winter weather here.
On Monday, we had a light dusting of snow. We had maybe an inch at our house, but I ended up having a snow day on Tuesday.
Tuesday during the day, it snowed a bit (morning) and then got warm (afternoon), so all the snow melted. The weather kept talking about the "winter extreme" that was going to hit on Tuesday night/Wednesday.
Starting early Wednesday morning (about 2 am...I know, because I was awake and checking...:) ), the "big storm" hit. I had another snow day. When I woke up at 7:30 am, we already had 7-8". It snowed most of the morning, and we ended up with around 8-9" of snow. (Considering the Seattle area generally gets 6" of snow a YEAR, that is a lot for this area.)
Of course, I LOVE it! Miriam and I went outside multiple times today, and I cleared off both cars and shoveled our driveway. She seemed to really enjoy the snow today...lots of smiling, giggling and laughing. She loved to stand at the front glass door and watch the snow outside.
Then tonight, I get a call that my school is cancelled again tomorrow. We aren't supposed to get any more snow, but we've got freezing rain right now and 9" of snow that is turning to ice overnight. Miriam and I will be enjoying another day home together tomorrow, and I'm hoping some of the snow sticks around so I can spend more time staring at it tomorrow!
Quick recap: 3 snow days, 9" of snow and lots of Miriam pictures...
No comments:
Post a Comment