Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Precious spring/summer memories

Miriam and I have been in Minnesota for 3.5 weeks now, and we've been thoroughly enjoying our vacation. I've taken a lot of photos and will have more details and photos of our trip once we return to Tacoma. However, I've been feeling sentimental these past couple days and trying to really focus on precious moments with Miriam, as she grows and changes so quickly.  Here are some precious memories I'd like to store in my brain and here on our blog, as time moves so quickly....

Precious memories from the past several months:

-the way she sleeps curled up on her side, knees tucked up, with her hands clasped together around her teddy

-playing chase in the yard, where we take turns yelling "I'm chasing you!" And running around and around

-the way Miriam narrates everything she does..."I take a bite" or "I catch Teddy" or "Hair on my foot....I get it off." Life with her is one of constant words and ongoing commentary.

-the way she repeats "ribbon in the front, tag in the back" whenever she's getting pants/skirts/shorts on, to help her remember the way to put them on correctly

-how anytime she leaves one of us, even for a short time, she's becoming more affectionate and giving us kisses and hugs, along with a spirited "be right back!!" that involves a jabbing pointed finger

-the way she repeats "parking lot, hold hands" anytime we are in a parking lot or near a street, and then puts her hand(s) out to be held

-Miriam dragging the hose around our front yard and watering our plants, flowers, and occasionally us, when she catches us off guard....and then giggling endlessly about it

-the way she LOVES boat rides and insists on "driving" the boat, even telling Grandpa "I driving" and "go faster!"

-how she says "I NEED it" when she really wants something, usually followed by "I love it"

-she brings me food/drinks and says "Mama hungry. Baby/skittle hungry" and rubs my tummy.

-the million little conversations we have every day, where she just soaks up everything we say and has toddler talk going all the time....it's adorable!

-the way she knows our "sunscreen routine" and pulls up her swimsuit shorts to let me rub lotion on her before we go outside or in the water

-the way she joins in a group of people laughing, been if she doesn't know what they are laughing about, and then usually says "I funny!" like she's the reason people are laughing

I've got a million other memories from when she was younger, but I'll save those for another time and another post. I often wish I could start a video or tape recorder with the blink of an eye, to catch these moments. Alas, Miri always wants to hold/control the camera anytime she sees it, so I'm trying to figure out a way to sneakily tape her without her knowing.

I'm sure you all have funny, touching, amusing memories of Miriam as well....hopefully some of mine triggered some of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment