Friday, November 11, 2011

Miriam is 8 months old!

Our sweet, energetic little girl is 8 months old today.  I can't believe we are on the fast downhill slide to having a 1 year old.  Some days, I'm still getting used to the idea that we are parents! 

Miriam is very energetic and always on the go.  She isn't quite crawling yet, but she is getting close and obviously wants to!  She always pulls herself onto her hands and knees from a sitting position, but then slides down onto her stomach and doesn't really go anywhere.  She can rotate around on her stomach, but when she tries to crawl, she goes backwards by centimeters!  She has never liked a lot of time on her tummy, so she gets frustrated kind of easily with it and doesn't like to stay on her tummy and try any more crawling after 5-10 minutes.  She does love to stand up, supported by us or resting against the couch. 

Miriam is a very sweet, happy baby.  She is always smiling and laughing, and she has gone back to being very verbal these days.  She is starting to babble repetitive sounds ("mamamamama, babababababa,", etc.) and is always cooing and making noises to us or to herself. 

Her current favorite toys are a plastic cup, her plastic dinner spoons and the TV remote.  It is amusing to us that she likes the TV remote, since we don't let her watch any TV!  She also really likes to gnaw on cold teethers, her board books and our fingers, if we let her.  (She's got two teeth though, which are pretty sharp, so the occasions we let her chomp on our fingers are few and far between! ;) )

Miriam is sleeping pretty well these days.  Most nights, she only gets up once, or not at all.  She has battled a cold within the last month, and whenever she's a bit under the weather, she understandably sleeps a bit worse than normal. 

She loves to be outside and watch other people and watch nature.  Until the weather got rainy just a couple weeks ago, we went for walks when I got home from work.  I bundle her up in a couple layers and she loves to look at the the lawns and trees and people as we walk past. 

Things are busy here in our house.  Next week report cards go home for my students, and I have 3 days of parent/teacher conferences.  Mario's test is November 19, so he's been studying as much as possible to prepare for it!  Miriam and I keep busy with housework, errands, and lots of play time.  We haven't had time to take a lot of pictures lately, but here are some new ones from recent weeks. 

"Hey, how did these sweet potatoes end up on my tray?"

"Well, I guess sweet potatoes are good for playing AND eating!"

"Pears are not as good in little pieces.  I'd like them pureed, please."

"Those pears aren't great, but I love my sippy cup!"



"3...2...1...blast off!"


"Flying sure is hard work!"


"YAY!  I'm 8 months old today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment