Miriam was outside for the longest she's ever been outside this past Thursday. It was a sunny, warm 65 degree day, with enough of a breeze to make us remember it isn't summer yet. It was Miriam's nap time, so I took her "Rock and Play" sleeper outside to the bottom of the front steps and put it in the shade of the tree. I took some toys outside, along with a drink and a book for myself. Finally, with everything ready, I took Miriam outside.
She loved it! She spent the first 30 minutes of her "naptime" staring around her and smiling. She looked at the trees, the sky, and generally enjoyed being outside. It is fantastic to see her focusing on things, observing the world around her and most of all, just enjoying herself.
Yesterday she and I drove down to the waterfront and went for a walk. She was reclined in her stroller (without the carseat) and had a great view, since the sun was behind us and not shining in her eyes. I thought I had timed the outing perfectly. We left right after a feeding, and I thought for sure after a bit of observation she would fall asleep. (Walks in the stroller almost always put her to sleep.) Instead, she lay in the stroller, content to gaze up and around at all the trees, people, trains and water we were passing. She stayed awake, happy and observant, the whole 2 hours we were down there! She even lay in her stroller talking and looking around while I sat down and had a picnic lunch. Poor tired girl though, she did fall asleep in the car on the way home.
I'm glad to know that with summer approaching, Miriam enjoys being outside! It will be a lot of fun to watch her experience new things outside as the weather (hopefully!) gets nicer.
Here are some pictures of her in various warm weather outfits, enjoying being outside, as well as a picture of her at the waterfront for the first time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment