Monday, May 9, 2011

My first Mother's Day

Yesterday was my first Mother's Day, and Miriam (and Mario!) did not disappoint me.  Mario cooked breakfast for me (we'd dressed up and gone out for brunch with family the day before) and presented me with my present. 

Miriam and Mario made a hardcover, professionally printed photo book that chronicles my life as a mother, from the moment we found out we were pregnant (on July 9, 2010) to right up until this Mother's Day.  The book is almost 140 pages, filled with photos, captions and stories that explain the photos.  In addition, at the end of the book there is a picture of Miriam from every day during the first month of her life.  Mario put a lot of thought, time and effort into the book (even though Miriam got credit as the author!) and I will cherish it forever. 

In addition to meals together and my present, we spent part of the day watching home videos, including Miriam's birth, our hospital stay and videos from our first days home with her.  I didn't cry a lot when she was first born, but I cried a lot yesterday!  I feel extremely lucky to be the mother of such a wonderful, beautiful little girl, and just as lucky to have an amazing partner to experience parenthood with. 

Pictures of our Mother's Day:








No comments:

Post a Comment